News Update :
Home » , , , » Growing Kids God's Way | Christian Parenting

Growing Kids God's Way | Christian Parenting

Penulis : A. James on Wednesday, January 9, 2013 | 11:41 AM

As my kids are growing at an alarming rate, I realize that each day becomes crucial for Christian parenting. I can't teach my kids about God fast enough. Even though not a single day goes by in our home that God isn't mentioned, there is still so much more time for 'teaching'. Growing kids God's way is a goal that needs to be set by all Christian parents.

I just added a new post at our website Christian Magazine Today.

The post was centered on youth group lessons for church youth groups. The more I typed about how teaching kids to pray to God and not repeat prayers and how doing the right thing shouldn't just be done because mommy and daddy told them too, but to do it because they love God, I realized that I needed to incorporate these same principals at home as a Christian parent.

After thinking so more, I realized that most adults don't practice these very important aspects of a Christian life either.

Ask yourself these questions...

Do I sit in church listening to the preacher or am I counting the minutes until the service is over?
Do I go to church because it is a routine or because I want to learn all I can about God and the bible?
Do I pray because it's a habit or do I use this time to 'talk' to God?
Do I tell people about God because I love Him and that person or because I think I am suppose to?

What should the answers to these questions be?

I do EVERYTHING because I LOVE God.

When you do everything you do out of love for our heavenly father, a new perspective will begin to grow in your life and your children's lives. Think about growing kids God's way and keep it in the front of your mind as you continue your Christian parenting journey.

I pray that today you will begin doing everything you do because you love God, instead of doing it because it is the 'right' thing to do. Even though that doing it because it is right, it isn't the only reason.

God bless you!



Share this article :
 
Design Template by panjz-online | Support by creating website | Powered by Blogger