News Update :

Going to Church, Not Going to Church

Penulis : A. James on Saturday, November 17, 2012 | 9:22 PM

Going to church is important for Christians. Why? Church isn't just where we learn about God and the bible, but where we gather together as a church family at God's house to worship together. Believe it or not, those members of your church will be there when you need them.

They are there to laugh with and to cry with to love God with and to share in your life as Christians and they will be there to pray for you. Prayer is something that we can't do without and when more than one prayer is going up to God, the stronger you feel because you know that your church family loves you enough to pray with you and for you. Does that make sense?

Going to Church

You don't know how much you will miss not going to church until you can't go. There are people all over the world who risk their lives just to meet together to worship God and we, and by we I mean people in general, find it hard to wake up to go. 

Me for one, I love going to church. I miss it when I can't go and don't like to miss a service. But, when you have kids, you never know when you'll have to miss. 

Take the past 5 weeks. 

My youngest child has decided that he will catch everything that he can right now. Grant it - he doesn't want to catch it, but never-the-less, he is.

Let me break it down for you...

About 5 weeks ago, he came down with a sinus infection and we had to miss a Sunday service. Then, just when I thought he was getting better he started to get pneumonia. Not going to church one week didn't feel right, but 2 weeks felt like I was missing something - that feeling you get when you have been to God's house.

Then, tonight (Saturday night), he began to throw up. Yes, the stomach virus. So, no church again tomorrow. That's 3 weeks in a row.

And, guess what.

I am a Sunday school teacher. Yep, for the last 3 weeks I have had to have someone fill in for me. I know she loves it. And, because she is a member of my church family, I know she won't mind when I call her in the morning about 1 hour before she leaves to tell her we won't be there again.

Why did I tell you all of this?

So that you will remember that going to church is not only a blessing, but it is something that you may not be able to do in the future whether it is sickness or the law. Go to church while you can and enjoy your church family. You may need them one day.

May God bless you.


Share this article :
 
Design Template by panjz-online | Support by creating website | Powered by Blogger