News Update :
Home » , , , , , , , , , » Broke with No Money on the Way and It's Christmas

Broke with No Money on the Way and It's Christmas

Penulis : A. James on Thursday, November 8, 2012 | 7:27 PM

What happens when you hear one of your friends is broke with no money on the way and it's Christmas?

Just today, I found out that a friend of mine and my sister's is broke and has five kids and a couple of grand kids. My heart went out to them, but that isn't going to help them, now is it?

So, what do you do when you are faced with this situation?

First off, I wanted to hand her some money, but figured she would turn it down. It probably would have made things worse.

Throughout the evening, she just kept popping into my head. I went to my bedroom, where it was quiet, and turned off the lights. Then, I prayed. While I prayed, dozens of thoughts went through my mind as to how I could help.

Some of the thoughts consisted of rushing out first thing in the morning and buying some essentials like toothpaste, shampoo, bread, cheese, milk, laundry detergent, soap, deodorant, juice, and so on, but how would I have gotten these to her without her knowing it was from me?

I continued to pray. I just wanted God to say, "Hey you down there praying, this is what you are to do."

As I write this, God hasn't said that yet. But, the thought did pop into my head - gift certificate or gift card, whatever I can get.

Was this God telling me to do this or just my wanting so desperately to help?

Sometimes I think God may nudge us in a direction and see where we take it from there. I suppose that's good, if we don't mess up. But then again, messing up helps us to learn and lean on him even more.

This is the verse I keep coming back to:

Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Trust God. He will never steer you wrong.

Please pray for this family. God knows who they are.
Share this article :
 
Design Template by panjz-online | Support by creating website | Powered by Blogger