News Update :
Home » » My 'sister'

My 'sister'

Penulis : A. James on Friday, July 23, 2010 | 2:29 PM

Well, my ’sister’ isn’t really my sister. She is my cousin. Actually, she isn’t even my cousin because she is adopted. Her parents didn’t want her so, my aunt and uncle took her along with her younger brother. She is so stressed out because she is still not sure what adopted means. She has nightmares about what happened to her before she came to live with my aunt. It makes me want to cry just thinking about what she must have went through.
The one memory that I remember with her was when she first came to my aunt and uncle’s house. My family and I went over to their house to see her and her brother. I made sure that I had something to give her that would make her feel welcome. I spent a while thinking of the perfect present for a 5 year old girl. In the end, I decided to give her a Princess I Spy book. It had been used and some pages were ripped but, it meant a lot to me.
I walked into my aunt and uncles house carrying he book in two sweaty hands. I seen Amber sitting down on the couch by her new ‘mom’. I felt so bad for her. I handed her the book and she ran away. My heart dropped. She didn’t like me. I sat down on the couch, shoulders slumped and a frown upon my face. The person I thought was my new ‘best friend’ didn’t even want to sit by me.
My aunt went to talk to Amber for a while and then she and Amber re-entered the living room. Amber gave me a hug and said a simple: Thank you.
I knew from that moment we would be best friends! She showed me her room in the house. It looked like a garbage dump but, she was so excited about it. There wasn’t even girly bed sheets but, to her, it was amazing.We played the rest of the day.
Now, three years later, we are still best friends! She looks up to me as a role-model and I know I can tell her any secret and she wouldn’t tell a soul! We are just like sisters, even though we aren’t I love her!
Thank you and I love you Amber!!!

~ Summer
Share this article :
 
Design Template by panjz-online | Support by creating website | Powered by Blogger